Winsock

Any one know where to buy a Winsock for an rc field. Don't want a full size one

Reply to
Don Wise

"Don Wise" wrote

Anyone with able to use a sewing machine should be able to make one, if you don't want full size. I think you will find a smaller one will not behave as a full sized wind sock, though. The material would have to be so light weight, it would not stand up to a full sized blow.

What is wrong with having a full sized one?

But no, sorry, I don't know of a source.

Reply to
Morgans

On Fri, 22 May 2009 23:30:02 GMT, "Don Wise" wrote in :

Lots of shapes and sizes:

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

I have used these folks:

You can get the whole unit or just a replacement sock. I even got one of their 'mailbox' size and use it on a pole attached to my trailer at the field - mostly for novelty but it does a pretty good job.

Reply to
David Hopper

Kite shops carry them, if you happen to live near one, or a correctly- stocked toy store.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

look here

sfrank69

Lots of good answers here so... How about a few feet of video tape on a tall stick? :) mk

Reply to
MJKolodziej

Well I have shot many videos of many different subjects, but I never saw the need to take one of a tall stick... :)

On the subject of win(d) socks, a couple of years ago some really dumb wasps decided to build their nest in the one at our field. It was about half way down the length of it and yes, it was subject to all the swings and flops a wind sock goes through. It ended up being a pretty good size nest before the season was out.

It was actually kinda funny to watch the sock on a breezy day. There would be four or five wasps flying in formation on an approach to the small end of the sock fighting the head wind and the constantly shifting sock opening..

It didn't last through the winter and by next season it was gone. They must have wised up because they didn't build another nest in there...

Reply to
David Hopper

Tower Hobbies has a 60" for about $6. When you mention fullsize, that can range through a variety of possibilities from 12" to 120" .... so how about a length ?

Reply to
rszanti

Winsock....wasn't that an early app for connecting Windows 3.x to the internet? You're after a windsock. :-)

Reply to
The Raven