Zagi servos?

What servos are everybody using in their Zagis? I have some Hitec HS55 blue ones...are those good enough or should I use a Hitec 81??

Reply to
rokman

Ron Weisskopf

Reply to
rokman

I use HS-81MG's in all my flying wings and combat slopers. Broken servo arms but never stripped a gear.

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

HS 81 MG's here too.

remove my-wife to reply :-)

Reply to
Icrashrc

Definitely use the metal geared 81s.

Reply to
Normen Strobel

I used the Airtronics 102z standard servos in my Zagi LE (deceased), but for my Boomerang, Highlander and Patton Zero, I went with the HS 81MG's.

Reply to
Doug

I've been using the standard nylon geared Hitec HS81s for about two years now, and they've worked fine. Haven't had any stripped gears or anything like that yet, although it could happen tomorrow...

-- Morris Lee snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net

Reply to
Morris Lee

| I've been using the standard nylon geared Hitec HS81s for about two years | now, and they've worked fine. Haven't had any stripped gears or anything | like that yet, although it could happen tomorrow...

Depends on how often you crash. A single crash or collision (do you want to do combat?) could easily strip a servo. I've done it a few times ...

Most people do HS-81MGs or just HS-81s. The MG models cost $4 more, but will last longer in a plane that you're likely to abuse.

Get them from

-- they're like $22 there, and no shipping. I know of no place cheaper ...

Reply to
Doug McLaren

I have yet to have an HS-81MG fail other than to have a servo arm break. I have even re-used them in second foamies when the first ones have gotten too beat up to repair. Full combat. High speed ground slams and cartwheels dont bother MY 81MG's.

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

Unless the servo arms broke in the air causing the 50mph impact. :)

Reply to
Normen Strobel