Copying between layers

I'm new at AutoCad (2004) and I'm wondering if there's a way to cut/copy and paste between layers. I can't seem to get it to work. Thanks.

John
Yes but forget the cut, copy, paste and any other assorted Windows crap. Do you want to move an object to a different layer or do you want to copy an object to a different layer? Select the part, go to the layer drop down and select the layer you want it on. That's it. If you want to move a copy to another layer, make a copy first and then do what I said.

^C^C_select \_copy;p;;@;@;(sssetfirst nil (ssget "p"));properties;
Here's a macro for a button to copy objects to another layer.
--

Chip Harper

http://home.comcast.net/~hot4cad /
There are a bunch of routine floating around that will copy an item to another layer. Google Copytolayer:
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca