Creating a Lisp to connect Excel data to Autocad

Hello Everyone, I was wondering where i might find some information on connecting an Excel Database to Autocad, so that i may use Data typed into the database as Coordinates placed into autocad. I work at a Geotechnical firm and we deal alot with placing block symbols into certain points in autocad. Any help will be very much appriciated.

Thanks, Dan s.

Reply to
Dan S.

I haven't done it with lisp, but I think

has some info about (or similar to) that.

It's fairly simple with VBA, FWIW.

Reply to
TomD

Dan, Have you looked into dbConnect. In AutoCad 2000 and 2002 it is under the tools menu. It works with Excel and Access. You can attach data from your spread sheet to blocks. It can be a little buggy but it is worth checking out.

Paul M.

Reply to
Paul M

You can create script files directly from Excel, take a look at this procedure.

Or if you were to consider third party software, the Block Place routine in ToolPac 7.0 from
will connect directly to your spreadsheet (or database) and insert the blocks with attributes. Here is an example of the dialog
Terry

Reply to
Terry W. Dotson

Thought it was just my crappy connection. The site is worth the wait, though. There is some really good info, there.

I think the page owner(s) are regulars in Adesk's VBA NG.

Reply to
TomD

Tried it,,,, really slow site. I've got a dsl connection and still waited.... Someone needs to mention to this person to reduce the resolution of the graphics....

Reply to
SW

I'd like to thank everyone for the help!!! Sincerly, Daniel s.

Reply to
Dan S.