- FREE Email & Web based discussion list for the misc. iron detailer -

Greetings;

The MiscIron-Detail list is a FREE Email & Web based Yahoo forum for
general discussions related to the misc. iron detailer's occupation.
This discussion list is dedicated to the Miscellaneous Iron Detailer.
The list is for general discussions related to the business of
producing shop drawings for the Miscellaneous Metals Industry. Some of
the people subscribed to this list are misc iron detailers, chief
draftsmen, steel fabricators, steel erectors, blacksmiths,
ironworkers, colleges, software developers, architects, engineers, cad
managers &; operators, estimators, project managers, purchasers,
students, etc. The topics of discussions can range from detailing by
hand, computers or automated steel detailing programs and other topics
can be about drafting, mathematics, computers, fabricating, erecting,
estimating and field measuring
We're a dying breed much more than the structural steel detailer. You
can learn structural steel detailing in college; but you can't learn
miscellaneous iron detailing anywhere except on the job and that was
where and how I learned this business.
The forum has FREE charts, shop drawing templates, graph pads, forms
and so much more for all to share. You can upload files to share with
other colleagues and upload pictures of your best work. You can
conduct polls and chat with other misc. iron detailers from all over
the world. We also have a contractor's register for advertising
yourself or your company and a bunch of other Misc. iron related
links. The database section has free listings for industry contacts,
detailing jobs for bid, help wanted & situations wanted and a buy
lines listing.

Please join me and others from all over the world to this unique list.

P.S.: We have over 350 members in just a couple of months. Several
well known fabricators, AISC, TEKLA, Prosteel 3D, Detail Cad,
Steelware, Steel Logic, FabCad and 3 colleges already are members.
Please pass the word out. It's a great way to meet people in the
business and learn about the new programs for detailing miscellaneous
iron. Just ask a question and you'll have people all over the world
willing to give their advice.
Best Regards;
Edward Borg
Forum Founder