- FREE Email & Web based discussion list for the misc. iron detailer -

Greetings; The MiscIron-Detail list is a FREE Email & Web based Yahoo forum for general discussions related to the misc. iron detailer's occupation.

This discussion list is dedicated to the Miscellaneous Iron Detailer. The list is for general discussions related to the business of producing shop drawings for the Miscellaneous Metals Industry. Some of the people subscribed to this list are misc iron detailers, chief draftsmen, steel fabricators, steel erectors, blacksmiths, ironworkers, colleges, software developers, architects, engineers, cad managers &; operators, estimators, project managers, purchasers, students, etc. The topics of discussions can range from detailing by hand, computers or automated steel detailing programs and other topics can be about drafting, mathematics, computers, fabricating, erecting, estimating and field measuring

We're a dying breed much more than the structural steel detailer. You can learn structural steel detailing in college; but you can't learn miscellaneous iron detailing anywhere except on the job and that was where and how I learned this business.

The forum has FREE charts, shop drawing templates, graph pads, forms and so much more for all to share. You can upload files to share with other colleagues and upload pictures of your best work. You can conduct polls and chat with other misc. iron detailers from all over the world. We also have a contractor's register for advertising yourself or your company and a bunch of other Misc. iron related links. The database section has free listings for industry contacts, detailing jobs for bid, help wanted & situations wanted and a buy lines listing. Please join me and others from all over the world to this unique list.

P.S.: We have over 350 members in just a couple of months. Several well known fabricators, AISC, TEKLA, Prosteel 3D, Detail Cad, Steelware, Steel Logic, FabCad and 3 colleges already are members. Please pass the word out. It's a great way to meet people in the business and learn about the new programs for detailing miscellaneous iron. Just ask a question and you'll have people all over the world willing to give their advice.

Best Regards; Edward Borg Forum Founder Precision Drafting LLC

Precision Drafting LLC