Good Spec CAD station

Can readers suggest a good machine spec for CAD please?
I have been out of the "information stream" for about 2 years having not had
time to browse the glossies.
The CAD work will be largely 2D, P & I Ds, Vessels, Layouts, with some
AutoPlant 3D modelling and pipe work.
Also running will be Office Apps, Outlook and the like.
Previously we have used good spec Gateways with their 21" monitors which
have proved excellent.
Suggestions on monitors also invited.
We are not quite in a "money-no-object" situation, but it appears that we
should be able to get something fairly serious for around 1000GBP
Thanks in anticipation.
Phil
Reply to
TheScullster