helical cog-wheel

I have a problem with 3D construction method to achieve a helical cog-wheel
starting from polyline in 2d.
I'm trying to achieve a spiral starting from intersection between cylinder
and inclined plane following ellipse achieved.
I do extrude command but this command doesn't generate an involute profile.
What must I do?
Sorry for my english.
thanks.
Reply to
GattoCarlo
offset a copy of the 2d ployline in the z axis by the desired distance. then use a reference point on the first ployline and a refrence point (one cog over) and use the "rulesurf"
also ensure that "surftab1" and "surftab2" are set to at least 36
good luck!
Reply to
Adam B