Layer control

Thanks in advance. I need some advice on turning layers on/off?? As I dont yet fully understand filters etc, is there a way of turning off all layers at once without going through each one and turning out the light. I have a drawing with 150 layers and it gets a bit of a drag. I cant find anything in Autocad bible. Again thanks in advance

Jim Williams

Reply to
Jim Williams

B. W. Salt.

If your layer-naming convention incorporates logical prefixes or suffixes then the command line version of the LAYER command beats the pants off the dialogue box (Wildcards.......) and can be incorporated into custom buttons to switch off whole groups in one click.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

What he said. ;)

-LAYER OFF

*

...and an enter or two will turn off all but the current layer. If you're not familiar with the command line, look into it. There are many things in Acad that are much quicker (assuming some keyboard dexterity) than going through menus, icons, etc.

Reply to
TomD

Or select one layer, type Ctrl-A and all will be selected.

or use the layer command.

The isolate layer command that comes with express tools is usefull to.

-Tim

Reply to
Tim Arheit