Filters - now and then

I am in the middle of a large project documenting computer data outlets and GPOs. At the end of each drawing, I have to total up the number of each type of outlet and GPO. I have set up saved filters to do this, by looking for the block names.

The problem is, the filters seem to come and go without any reason; sometimes a drawing will never have the filters, but another drawing in the same folder will. Sometimes it will not have the filters but will have the next time it is opened....

Mostly when I complete a drawing I Saveas to a new name, as this brings all my settings, blocks, layers, and (hopefully) filters. I am unable to see any pattern to why the filters aren't consistently available. Using Autocad

2005.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Dave

Reply to
deetee

Yes, of course, should have thought of that. Was looking for the cause of the problem rather than a way around it.

Your method is in fact quicker and have set it up to give me a list I can copy & paste into my billing.

Thanks

Dave

(defun c:MyEnddrawingFilter ( / sel)

;;1st filter (setq sel (ssget "x" '((0 . "INSERT")(2 . "myInsertName1")))) (Prompt "\nNumber of myInsertName1 :") (print (sslength sel)) ;;2nd filter (setq sel (ssget "x" '((0 . "INSERT")(2 . "myInsertName2")))) (Prompt "\nNumber of myInsertName2 :") (print (sslength sel)) ;;here you can define 3rd filter to n filter

)
Reply to
deetee

Reply to