I only want inches, not feet and inches...

I use Architectural units; how do I get only inches when I am drawing?
Feet and inches just make me do more work...
smarf
Reply to
santafedisplay
I use Architectural units; how do I get only inches when I am drawing? Feet and inches just make me do more work...
smarf
Reply to
santafedisplay
You might try 'Fractional (Stacked)' with the suffix as ".
Reply to
no-spam-for-hkjffekafphdkdoemehepegkppboihac
What do you mean by "get"?
Reply to
Michael Bulatovich
Ripped from ACAD help:
DIMLUNIT Type: Integer Saved in: Drawing Initial value: 2 Sets units for all dimension types except Angular.
1 Scientific
2 Decimal
3 Engineering
4 Architectural (always displayed stacked)
5 Fractional (always displayed stacked)
6 Microsoft Windows Desktop (decimal format using Control Panel settings for decimal separator and number grouping symbols)
Just type DIMLUNIT and enter 5. You'll get regular inches. EX: DIMLUNIT set to 4 = 4'-3 3/8" DIMLUNIT set to 5 = 51 3/8" DIMLUNIT set to 2 = 51.375"
Dr Fleau
a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net...
Reply to
Dr Fleau
Yes, but I think that it does not show the " (inches) symbol.
Reply to
no-spam-for-hkjffekafphdkdoemehepegkppboihac
(Ehem) This sounds too easy...
Scale your drawing (UP) by 12 and set units to decimal. Each unit will be 1" instead of 1'.
Bob
Reply to
Robert D. Mills
Uh, no. Architectural units are already inches. ___
Reply to
Paul Turvill
It does if you tell it to (ddim / notation / suffix). ___
wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net...
Reply to
Paul Turvill
That is what my original message was about (:-)
Reply to
no-spam-for-hkjffekafphdkdoemehepegkppboihac
Like I said, the answer depends on what is meant by "get". Everyone's guessing.....
Reply to
Michael Bulatovich
Awesome...thanks a million. I now know how to limit the expression to just inches AND choose whether or not to have the inches symbol. I am very grateful...
smarf
Reply to
smarf
You are very welcome.
In this group it's usually a case of "Seek, and ye shall find!"
Brian.