I only want inches, not feet and inches...

I use Architectural units; how do I get only inches when I am drawing? Feet and inches just make me do more work...
smarf

I use Architectural units; how do I get only inches when I am drawing? Feet and inches just make me do more work...
smarf
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com () wrote:

You might try 'Fractional (Stacked)' with the suffix as ".
Ripped from ACAD help:
DIMLUNIT Type: Integer Saved in: Drawing Initial value: 2 Sets units for all dimension types except Angular.
1 Scientific
2 Decimal
3 Engineering
4 Architectural (always displayed stacked)
5 Fractional (always displayed stacked)
6 Microsoft Windows Desktop (decimal format using Control Panel settings for decimal separator and number grouping symbols)
Just type DIMLUNIT and enter 5. You'll get regular inches. EX: DIMLUNIT set to 4 = 4'-3 3/8" DIMLUNIT set to 5 = 51 3/8" DIMLUNIT set to 2 = 51.375"
Dr Fleau
dans le message de

(Dr Fleau) wrote:

Yes, but I think that it does not show the " (inches) symbol.
It does if you tell it to (ddim / notation / suffix). ___
message

Turvill) wrote:

That is what my original message was about (:-)
Like I said, the answer depends on what is meant by "get". Everyone's guessing.....
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (smarf) wrote:

You are very welcome.
In this group it's usually a case of "Seek, and ye shall find!"
Brian.
What do you mean by "get"?
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca
On 17 Sep 2006 20:28:06 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Uh, no. Architectural units are already inches. ___