licensing

I have a question about licensing, if the company I work for has an older version of AutoCAD (2005) and is not using it but using AutoCAD

2006, can the older version be used on another computer?
Reply to
Aaron Fox

The simple answer is: No.

Reply to
Michael (LS)

Why not?

nb

Reply to
notbob

Most likely, the 2005 copy was upgraded to 2006 and thus should have been completely removed from all computers.

Reply to
Michael (LS)

they are registered to users, not computers. I can use my acad on several computers but no one else can,,, I have it set up in 2 offices plus on a laptop

Reply to
longshot

Thanks, longshot. That's the clarification I was looking for.

nb

Reply to
notbob

As I've said, if the older version was upgraded then you are NOT supposed to use it anymore. Part of the upgrade licensing is that the older version is removed from the computer.

So while the old version was licensed to the company, it's license was revoked when the license for the new version was issued.

Reply to
Michael (LS)

Well, if you were just waiting for the answer you wanted to hear (regardless of whether or not it's correct) save us all some time, when you post a question please post the answer you want to hear.

;->

Reply to
Michael (LS)

THat makes no sense. If it's licensed to the person and the person can put it on as many boxes as desired, why is the old license verboten? What if the person uses the old version, for whatever bizarre pointless reason, AD is gonna whack their pee-pee?

nb

Reply to
notbob

I'm hoping the above is a smiley face.