licensing

I have a question about licensing, if the company I work for has an older version of AutoCAD (2005) and is not using it but using AutoCAD
2006, can the older version be used on another computer?

The simple answer is: No.

Why not?
nb

Most likely, the 2005 copy was upgraded to 2006 and thus should have been completely removed from all computers.

they are registered to users, not computers. I can use my acad on several computers but no one else can,,, I have it set up in 2 offices plus on a laptop

Thanks, longshot. That's the clarification I was looking for.
nb

several
Well, if you were just waiting for the answer you wanted to hear (regardless of whether or not it's correct) save us all some time, when you post a question please post the answer you want to hear.
;->

I'm hoping the above is a smiley face.
nb

been
As I've said, if the older version was upgraded then you are NOT supposed to use it anymore. Part of the upgrade licensing is that the older version is removed from the computer.
So while the old version was licensed to the company, it's license was revoked when the license for the new version was issued.

THat makes no sense. If it's licensed to the person and the person can put it on as many boxes as desired, why is the old license verboten? What if the person uses the old version, for whatever bizarre pointless reason, AD is gonna whack their pee-pee?
nb
the person holding the license can use either version, the one license covers both. its an upgrade, not a whole new seat. if the new version comes in & sucks, you could obviously choose not to upgrade