.NET ObjectARX wrappers and ArcSDE

Has anybody used the ObjectARX wrapper classes for .NET to access the data fields on a shape stored in an ArcSDE database? I am trying to access the fields that are displayed when you right click on the layer in the Task Pane and select 'Show Data Table' programmatically, and be able to edit them and save them back to the ArcSDE database. They don't seem to be ported to the ExtensionDictionary of regular block records (my first guess), and I have no idea what to try next.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
-andy