.NET ObjectARX wrappers and ArcSDE

Has anybody used the ObjectARX wrapper classes for .NET to access the data =
fields on a shape stored in an ArcSDE database? I am trying to access the f=
ields that are displayed when you right click on the layer in the Task Pane=
and select 'Show Data Table' programmatically, and be able to edit them an=
d save them back to the ArcSDE database. They don't seem to be ported to th=
e ExtensionDictionary of regular block records (my first guess), and I have=
no idea what to try next.
=20
Any ideas?
Thanks,