set DIMSCALE for all dimstyles at once? - acad 2002

I am looking for a way to set the "DIMSCALE" option in all dimension styles at once and saving the new setting into each dimstyle. For example; I have a standard drawing sheet saved at 1/2"=1'-0 scale. When I want to use it I open it and save-as to a new name. If I need a different scale - say 1/4"=1'-0 then I resize the border and adjust the dimscale of all the dimstyles accordingly (ie; from 24 to 48).

Has anyone got a command or LISP to do this?

Best regards, Garth Willis Chinook Drafting Services Ltd.

G. Willis

I don't know of any free LISP that will do this, but MultiDRAFT from

would automate all this for you. You simply set up a dimstyle in your prototype and the software creates scaled versions as required for each paperspace viewport you create. It also inserts a drawing border of the size you require into paperspace as part of its drawing set up routines

Reply to
Chris D (The CAD Man)