software development library?

Hi,
Does anyone know of a good development library to allow me be able to read/view/modify/write Autocad files from my own software? I've looked at
DWGDirect, which is very complex, and DrDWG which is much simpler, but pretty buggy with terrible support, so I'm lookingh to find another option. Anybody got any other suggestions?
--
Ali Smith