Programming for the NXT

I recently bought the Lego NXT. While I was impressed with the ease of use of the graphical software that comes with it, I found it too difficult to
write complex software. So I quickly worked my way through a series of options. First I tried RobotC (http://www-education.rec.ri.cmu.edu/robotc/software/index.html), which while very nice, didn't seem to have any support for arrays and structures. Next I looked at Not Quite C (http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/nqc /), which looked pretty much like what I wanted but only worked with the RCX not NXT. Next I tried LeJOS (http://lejos.sourceforge.net/utilities.html ), which looked like a nice Java interface, but this again appeared to only support the RCX not NXT. Then I looked at NeXT Byte Code (http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/nbc /), which seemed very flexible but primitive (e.g. all global variables, no built-in stack). Finally, I read on Amazon.com that a new book is coming out for NXT that includes Java support ((Amazon.com product link shortened)(3155), but it is not out yet.
Have I exhausted all the options that are available today? If not, and someone can point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated. Also, are there options being developed others know of (e.g. NQC for NXT)? All I really want is language like C or Java with support for building complex data types and tasks/threads.
Thanks in advance.
Joe
Le Sun, 23 Jul 2006 19:33:57 +0000, Frank Jones a écrit:

((Amazon.com product link shortened)(3155),
If you have enough documentation , writing or porting a Forth ( like retroforth) for NXT should be possible.
message

Did you try Microsoft? msdn.microsoft.com -- they have released a 'LITE' version of their programming development studios (C#, VB, Java, ...) and also have their Game studio, coding for fun and their robotics studio -- all for free. Their robotics studio aparently includes a complete NXT programming library. I do not own the NXT so i have not downloaded it to try it out.
try this link here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/robotics /
-- Tsueg.