Rotational to linear motion

Does anybody have a good reference to sample builds that can teach me more about how I can convert rotational movements to linear movements
(using standard Lego Mindstorm parts)? Perferably ones with .dat files. I am trying to teach a bunch of kids how to make the robots we built to go and do things and I am very weak in building linkages.