How old do you have to be to do Lego Mindstorms?

The Lego Mindstorm page was extremely confusing. I am a programmer and I found it very difficult to find anything on the language used.
I also found so many differerent variations and suites to program the robots that I got lost.
All I really need to if a 7 and 10 year old can do them.
I saw several languages:
RCX Pilot Investigator and on and on
One of the languages or interfaces looked visual, no programming - typing code.
I'm really lost. Thanks for direction.
Is there a better site than the Lego Mindstorm homepage? Its forums were terrible.
The box says 12+ for the Robotics invention system. The Droid developer kit and Dark side developer kit are for ages 9+.
The programming is visual. You drag and drop blocks onto the screen. There's a fantastic tutorial.
I'm 43 and am not having a problem <grin>. I program with my 7 yo and my 4 yo. The 7yo has an idea. The 4 yo creates random program (he drags and drops blocks and we see what happens).
If you're willing to get involved, it's a lot of fun.
The programming is easy. I think building things that stay together is the hardest part.