can't find mindstorm in saskatchewan

I am in saskatchewan Canada, and I can't find the lego mindstorm kit in any stores here. Not even toys r us. Is it discontinued or something? I really
want to get it, but if there is going to be no future products and no future support I won't bother with it....
oh and where in canada can you buy a mindstorm kit online? I can only find American places and I don't want to pay duty crossing the border or 45 dollars for s&h to skip the duty thing....
Sorry I can't help you with a retailer in Canada BUT Our group just finished hosting the FIRST LEGO League PA State Tournament. Kids aged 9 to 14 use LEGO Mindstorms to build mission specific robots that compete on a 4x8' playing field. Try these links;
http://www.usfirst.org / http://www.usfirst.org/jrobtcs/flego.htm http://www.firstlegoleague.org / http://www.lego.com/eng / http://www.pitsco.com /
Hope this helps! JVS
I am in saskatchewan Canada, and I can't find the lego mindstorm kit in any stores here. Not even toys r us. Is it discontinued or something? I really want to get it, but if there is going to be no future products and no future support I won't bother with it....
oh and where in canada can you buy a mindstorm kit online? I can only find American places and I don't want to pay duty crossing the border or 45 dollars for s&h to skip the duty thing....
I am in BC and had the same problem. No Mindstorms kits this Christmas. I had seen them every other Christmas and was waiting for my kids to get older before I bought one. Finally went to get one this year and there was none.
I bought mine on-line at lego shop at home. Actually bought the deluxe kit for $229 US, came with extra goodies such as a third motor and a remote control. You are ordering from the US in US dollars. They will collect GST but not PST. The item ships from Canada so there are no border charges. Shipping is reasonable, $18 US for Express post, less for standard shipping. We got ours before Christmas and it was definitely worth every cent.

nobody wrote:

Same with me here in Germany, it is almost impossible to get it in a store. Then we remembered eBay :-) - look for "Mindstorms" and you will find several a day for about 200 EUR (250$) on average.
best regards andreas
--
zero is o

One of the Sears stores in Calgary Alberta had a nice large MindStorm set. You should be able to get them at stores that sell LEGO. The problem is that they are expensive sets and so stores dont tend to order them.
I was told by a number of stores that if i had the UPC codes from the box, that they could try to custom order it in for me. Ironic, that i would need a box to get the UPC code so that i could order it. Your other solution would be shop.lego.com - Direct from Lego.
-- Tsueg.

any
future