Inventorbot Challenge #3 Problem

As brand new Mindstorm users, we are trying to solve challenge #3 for
the Inventorbot with our new Mindstorm set. This is the challenge to
throw an object. As configured, the speed of the engine is not enough
to actually throw a item (we're using a pingpong ball), but merely
moves the arm up in the air and the ball rolls down the arm. We tried
making a longer arm and that did not help.
Is there something that we are doing wrong, or is this the extent of
how well the challenge cn be solved?
Thanks,
Biff
Reply to
Biff
Perhaps the motor doesn't have to provide the motion to throw the ball, but merely to move the arm to a position where an elastic band or something similar can provide the throwing force?
Peter
Reply to
Pete
Hi,
I would look into two scenarios to throw objects. Elasticsbands as suggested, or extreem gear - personally I prefer the gearing - though elastic bands does provide for amazing results too.
Good luck with it,
Daniel
Reply to
Daniel W. Mathiasen
You can setup a rachet and each turn of the motor tightens up a rubber band. When you release the rachet, wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....
Reply to
Robot Fan
Just in case you ask:
Use a floating worm gear to control the setup. When you rotate forward, it tightens up the rubber band. When you rotate backwards, it releases the rachet. :=)
Reply to
Robot Fan

Site Timeline