Solid question

I want to create a solid between thoses two circles :
C1 center x : 50 y : 0 z: 0 raduis : 50
C2 center x : 200 y : 0 z: 100
raduis : 200
Any idea how to obtain it ? (kind of an ellipsoidal cone ?)
Thanks Denis
Denis Bertrand wrote:

You mean just a cyclinder, domed on each end?
If so, I would probably start with the cylinder, put the two spheres on and union them.
TomD a ecrit :

It's kind of a troncated cone, but usually circle centers are on the cone axis. Here, the line between circle centers is not perpendicular to C1 or C2. (C1 and C2 are coplanar). I can create the surface with RULEDSURF between the 2 circles, but I need to create a solid, not a surface.
Thanks
Which program do you want to use? It's not possible in the plain AutoCAD, but no problem in MDT
Juergen
Denis Bertrand schrieb:

I have autocad 2000.

why ?

what's MDT

Denis Bertrand schrieb:

Because it is not designed to create such solids.

Mechanical Desktop. There are also a lot of other 3D-Solid-Modelers which can do that (Inventor, SolidWorks, Rhino(?), ...), but not the plain AutoCAD.
Because AutoCAD is pretty lame for solid modeling.

Not with plain vanilla AutoCAD, but if a *surface* will suffice try the RULESURF command. ___

I wrote a LISP to create SURFACE and SOLID models of eccentric round-to-round and square-to-round reducers. Your problem is one of that. You will get your SOLID by email soon. regards Jochen