Solid question

I want to create a solid between thoses two circles :
C1 center x : 50 y : 0 z: 0
raduis : 50
C2 center x : 200 y : 0 z: 100
raduis : 200
Any idea how to obtain it ?
(kind of an ellipsoidal cone ?)
Thanks
Denis
Reply to
Denis Bertrand
TomD a ecrit :
It's kind of a troncated cone, but usually circle centers are on the cone axis. Here, the line between circle centers is not perpendicular to C1 or C2. (C1 and C2 are coplanar). I can create the surface with RULEDSURF between the 2 circles, but I need to create a solid, not a surface.
Thanks
Reply to
Denis Bertrand
I have autocad 2000.
why ?
what's MDT
Reply to
Denis Bertrand
You mean just a cyclinder, domed on each end?
If so, I would probably start with the cylinder, put the two spheres on and union them.
Reply to
TomD
Which program do you want to use? It's not possible in the plain AutoCAD, but no problem in MDT
Juergen
Denis Bertrand schrieb:
Reply to
Jürgen Palme
Denis Bertrand schrieb:
Because it is not designed to create such solids.
Mechanical Desktop. There are also a lot of other 3D-Solid-Modelers which can do that (Inventor, SolidWorks, Rhino(?), ...), but not the plain AutoCAD.
Reply to
Jürgen Palme
Not with plain vanilla AutoCAD, but if a *surface* will suffice try the RULESURF command. ___
Reply to
Paul Turvill
Because AutoCAD is pretty lame for solid modeling.
Reply to
CW
I wrote a LISP to create SURFACE and SOLID models of eccentric round-to-round and square-to-round reducers. Your problem is one of that. You will get your SOLID by email soon. regards Jochen
"Denis Bertrand" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@snowsurf.com...
Reply to
jochen