ssget at a specific point

I am trying to use the following code to check for the presence of an entity at a specific point but the results are affected by whether objects fall within the current pickbox.

(ssget point_test '((0 . "LINE"))) Is there a way to select at specific point, perhaps even allowing for a specific amount of tolerence?

I have also tried: (ssget "c" point_test point_test) when zoomed out far enough returns nearby lines as well.

Thanks Cliff

Reply to
Cliff Davis

I am trying to use the following code to check for the presence of an entity at a specific point but the results are affected by whether objects fall within the current pickbox.

(ssget point_test '((0 . "LINE"))) Is there a way to select at specific point, perhaps even allowing for a specific amount of tolerance?

I have also tried: (ssget "c" point_test point_test) when zoomed out far enough returns nearby lines as well.

Thanks Cliff

Reply to
Cliff Davis

HiHo;

entity at a specific point but the results are affected by

specific amount of tolerence?

Reply to
bestafor

What about setting the pickbox to zero beforehand, and then restoring it later?

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Try using "nentselp" instead, then if it finds an entity test to see if it is a line...... but even this won't work if the point happens to be an intersect point of 2 or more entities.....

HTH, Jeff

at a specific point but the results are affected by

specific amount of tolerance?

Reply to
Jeff Mishler