Update from Autocad 2002 to 2006

Hi,
What would be the main reasons to make an update ?
Best regards
Kim

Autocad needs the money?
Dan

Sounds about right. Seelling $500.00 software for $3500.00 just doesn't leave much room for profit.

If you have a set of quick commands that you've used for the past few years not many reasons to update except upgrading at a lower cost while autodesk allows you too.
The best and perhaps the only reason to upgrade to autocad 2006 is the new dynamic blocks which are basically parametric drawings. I am learning about them right now and I am making a whole new block library that will cut down my standard detailing time to one third. It is a whole new CAD concept for AutoCAD 2D detailing. If you use the AutoCAD trial CD this is the thing to test. Everything else is just bells and whistles. The Dynamic Blocks are very powerful.
I am using 2005 and have not yet upgraded to 2006, but your comments on the Dynamic Blocks are very interesting. Two questions though, 1. Is there a batch program to convert all my existing blocks to Dynamic Blocks? 2. If I make a drawing using the Dynamic Blocks would the drawing be backward compatible to, say, Acad 2002?
Thanks, John Webb

Did anyone test these blocks with wipeout from the Expresstools ? The last time we made an update, wipeout was the problem.
Best regards
Kim