Drawing history lost

     Autocad doesn't show the drawing history under "Files", "Drawing History". I have the option set in options to 8 but none show.
It seems to have happened when I used "recent.vlx" from DotSoft. After removing "Recent.vlx" from the Startup suite and from the directory it still shows no history.
The help file doesn't show anything.
Anyone help.
Thx