[X-post] Stretching obiects along an angle not along a line.

Does anybody know if it is possible to stretch objects as I specified in the subject?
Usually when you stretch an object you must specify a base point, an
angle towards you desire stretch it to and the lentgh of the stretching.
I wish I stretched my objects fixing the center of the rotation and the angle of "distortion".
Is it possible to do that? I will appreciate if I can explaine my problem to italian people.
Thanks, Alex.
No. What you are describing is not a "stretch".
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.com
Michael Bulatovich wrote:

Try scaling it, with the referenence point the centre of your umbella.
You'll have to work out the scale factor. No, that wouldn't work because the angles would remain constant.
Could you do something based on polar arrays?
DJE

make it a block, then you can change the x, y, & z scale factors separately
But this would be a linear distortion, not a circular one.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.com
Longshot wrote: