Section lines

Hi
I am a technical teacher trying to get to grips with using AutoCAD 2002 LT. I have students doing drawing projects which involve the correct use of
British Standards line types.
How can I get a section line displayed?
I mean "section line A-A" which should be a centre line with thick ends and arrows pointing at right angles to the thick ends which would be labelled A-A.
Can anyone assist?
Thanx
Davy Murray
You have to draw them manually. Or buy a 3rd party mechanical add-on.
Conny

LT.
and
I have one drawn up and saved as a block. Just drop it in and stretch to suit.

labelled
Ditto, except it has an attribute for a label, and is sized for 1:48 plotting. It doesn't conform to any standard but my own, (shades of William Blake), but you are welcome to copy and modify it to suit your purposes. It's called sectionmark.dwg on my site.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.com

TWO kings...

use
Yeah. The King of Kludge.

AutoCAD
thick
Your Majesty! <bows deeply> <kidding aside>
What's a routine got that a block ain't got?
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.com
(Mark G.) wrote:

Read the original posting. 'Twas for Acad LT. No lisp support without an add-on.
(Michael Bulatovich) wrote:

Can't get at your drawings. 'File not found' error messages.
I forgot it was LT. DIESEL might do it too. And lisp has a lot more than any block does. Just depends on the approach you want. Those who say any different aren't veterans of CAD. Just thought I would through it in for help. Guess some folks on this board don't look for help.

That's odd.....works for me-I've got it open right now. A simple left-click on the link starts the download. (IE6/WIN98) What browser/OS are you using? Is it a problem for *ALL* dwg files? Want to try again and let me know?
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.com
(Michael Bulatovich) wrote:

O.K. Michael. I'll take another look. Using IE6.
Still the same for me. 'Drawing file not found' message.
It's a puzzle!. I am using Zone Alarm - wonder if that could be causing the headache?
snipped-for-privacy@NScix.co.uk (B. W. Salt.) wrote:

I don't know. What does it do?
Have you tried right-clicking and picking "Save target as..." ?