Section lines

Hi

I am a technical teacher trying to get to grips with using AutoCAD 2002 LT. I have students doing drawing projects which involve the correct use of British Standards line types.

How can I get a section line displayed?

I mean "section line A-A" which should be a centre line with thick ends and arrows pointing at right angles to the thick ends which would be labelled A-A.

Can anyone assist?

Thanx

Davy Murray

Reply to
Davy Murray

You have to draw them manually. Or buy a 3rd party mechanical add-on.

Conny

"Davy Murray" skrev i meddelandet news:W4e2c.4919$h snipped-for-privacy@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk...

Reply to
Conny Klasson

I have one drawn up and saved as a block. Just drop it in and stretch to suit.

Reply to
CW

Ditto, except it has an attribute for a label, and is sized for 1:48 plotting. It doesn't conform to any standard but my own, (shades of William Blake), but you are welcome to copy and modify it to suit your purposes. It's called sectionmark.dwg on my site.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

message

Reply to
Mark G.

TWO kings...

"Mark G." ha scritto nel messaggio news:IqKdnWFeIOdYsNfdRVn snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
Max

Your Majesty!

What's a routine got that a block ain't got?

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Yeah. The King of Kludge.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Read the original posting. 'Twas for Acad LT. No lisp support without an add-on.

Reply to
B. W. Salt.

Can't get at your drawings. 'File not found' error messages.

Reply to
B. W. Salt.

Reply to
Mark G.

That's odd.....works for me-I've got it open right now. A simple left-click on the link starts the download. (IE6/WIN98) What browser/OS are you using? Is it a problem for *ALL* dwg files? Want to try again and let me know?

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

O.K. Michael. I'll take another look. Using IE6.

Reply to
B. W. Salt.

Still the same for me. 'Drawing file not found' message.

It's a puzzle!. I am using Zone Alarm - wonder if that could be causing the headache?

Reply to
B. W. Salt.

I don't know. What does it do?

Have you tried right-clicking and picking "Save target as..." ?

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich