Dimensioning diameters

I'm a graphics teacher trying to get to grips with AutoCAD 2002 LT.

How can I get a dimension displayed as a diameter without the object being dimensioned being a circle? I know it sounds peculiar, but if I have a cylinder which shows a circle in the plan view, but a rectangle in the elevation view. I want to show the dimension as a diameter on the elevation.

Sorry if that is a bit convoluted.

Davy M

Reply to
Davy Murray

What I would do is dimension the cylinder across the diameter as a normal dimension and add the text "DIA." or whatever you want, like %%d. Hope this helps.

Reply to
KWoz

Try %%c Use 'Properties' and add %%c in front of (or at the end of) the dimension text.

Might be a little different in 2002LT. Not what I use.

Reply to
B. W. Salt.

Add %%C before your dimension Have fun! Paul "Davy Murray" schreef in bericht news:QijAb.5970$ snipped-for-privacy@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk...

Reply to
PTD

oops, I meant %%c. sorry

Reply to
KWoz

Thanks for that. %%c works nicely getting the diameter symbol displayed where I need it.

Davy M.

Reply to
Davy Murray