Armstrong Tools phasing in and out?

Armstrong Tools seems to be making toolholders that work with the Aloris/Dorian AXA series tool posts. The KBC Tools catalog appears to show the Armstrong Tools symbol on an AXA style toolpost as well.

I was on this site a few days ago, yet today, nothing. Does anyone know where I can clearly see product details on the AT AXA toolholder?

Reply to
Louis Ohland

Site 'activates' - I mean editors/type setters/ hackers - that the company pays big bucks to might be working on this or that - put it out and Awh Sh... put the backup up - fix that or this and try again another day.

Often it is Java code that waits for an expert to answer how to do...

Martin - came from a large company that paid $100K for a site and the company went bankrupt and vaporized - had to get another fix the hacks. It happens.

Martin

Mart> Armstrong Tools seems to be making toolholders that work with the

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Eh, the site won't even come up. The server is alive, I think...

The idea of a fairly affordable US made toolpost intrigues me. The gibs based Aloris AXA calls to me, but with the lathe I have, the extra accuracy won't help much.

Wedge type... will do... arrgh...

Mart> Site 'activates' - I mean editors/type setters/ hackers - that the company

Reply to
Louis Ohland

According to Louis Ohland :

I'm not sure. I can't ping it at all, and traceroute dies at an IP before the one assigned to that domain name.

12.168.78.235

traceroute dies at:

an AT&T Worldnet site: 12.119.114.134

A friend's primary ISP has died, too (sometime this morning), so perhaps there is some kind of attack going on.

Wedge type is what you *want*, isn't it?

For cheap -- go with a Phase-II -- and just plan on replacing the setscrews which hold the tools in the holders.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

The armstrong.com site you posted don - came up - Armstrong flooring! Not tools.

is the tool maker - not functional.

Wonder if there is a takeover :-) likely just a bug or someone didn't pay the www pay me or die company (getting rights to the isp name).

Martin

Mart> According to Louis Ohland :

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

DoN, there are piston, wedge, and gibs based posts. The piston pushes out against the holder, the wedge pulls it onto the post, and the gibs push the edges of the dovetails out against the holder.

Pist>> The idea of a fairly affordable US made toolpost intrigues me. The gibs

Reply to
Louis Ohland

How about naming names :-)

Piston:

Wedge:

Gibs:

And please note - I understand that not all parts fit each other.

Mart> DoN, there are piston, wedge, and gibs based posts. The piston pushes

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

According to Martin H. Eastburn :

Oops! I had the right IP -- but I mis-typed the domain name into the article here. :-(

That or a serious hardware crash -- or someone dug up the cables feeding the ISP who is hosting the site. Anyway -- someone is probably working frantically on it as I type. :-)

Here is part of the domain record:

====================================================================== Registrant: Danaher Tool Group 125 Powder Forest Drive Simsbury, CT 06070 US

Domain Name: ARMSTRONGTOOLS.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact: Admin, DNS snipped-for-privacy@DanaherTool.com Danaher Corporation 125 Powder Forest Drive Simsbury, CT 06070 US 860-408-7239 fax: 860-843-7382

Record expires on 14-Feb-2014. Record created on 14-Feb-1999. Database last updated on 29-Jul-2007 01:36:28 EDT. ======================================================================

So that appears to be who owns Armstrong these days.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

[ ... ]

O.K. But Phase-II does offer the wedge style -- I know because I use one in the BXA size (which they call "Series 200").

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

According to Martin H. Eastburn :

Incomplete list follows:

that style)

I had truly considered the gibs style to be pretty much equivalent to the wedge style in the way the holder is held against the toolpost's cheeks. And the wedge can be thought of as a tapered gib.

And I forget which styles the Armstrong post offers.

Generally -- everybody's holders fit the wedge (and presumably also the gibs style), but some holders may have too much clearance in the center of the dovetail for the pistons to work reliably.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

I had problems with my Aloris AXA tool post not clamping on genuine Aloris holders but clamping fine on chiwan stuff. Then I figured out that I had some Aloris BXA's that came with the lathe deal. I wonder if this is where some do not fit comments arise from? There isn't much of a difference in dimensions between an AXA and BXA.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Reply to
Louis Ohland

Reply to
Louis Ohland

Wedge? I don't see a piston...

Mart> Site 'activates' - I mean editors/type setters/ hackers - that the company

Reply to
Louis Ohland

Site is back up - check it now.

Martin

Mart> Armstrong Tools seems to be making toolholders that work with the

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

The site is back up tonight.

Martin

Mart> According to Martin H. Eastburn :

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Hum - nice list - Thought the Aloris is a sliding dovetail or makes that a Gib ? That is the one I have. A's are 100's and so forth...

Was a time there were so many adds that it was easy to spot them...

Mart> According to Martin H. Eastburn :

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Reply to
Louis Ohland

I think Armstrong needs to dump these losers, or send their dual duty worker back to the line that he or she came from. Remember this page? The hell I will, I'll just bookmark it if I think it ever becomes usable.

Martin, the site is unstable, it's taking a long time to respond.

I tried to use their contact page to ask about the quickchange toolpost

Reply to
Louis Ohland

If you cheat a little and use googles cache you can get to some of their website. Try this and use the "cached" links:

Leon Fisk