Air-Hardening Steel for Blacksmithing Tooling

I have a chance to pick up a bunch of A-2 cutoffs (rounds, flats, etc.) for a few dollars. Is air-hardening steel appropriate for making
blacksmithing tooling/swages/etc? Thanks. John

I'm not sure how good it is for blacksmith tooling , but I do know it's one of the best knife blade steels I've ever used.
Bear