alternative fuel sources for forge

I'm toying with the idea of using liquid fuel as the power source on a
propane-style[1] forge. (just 'cos I can - no real need for it).
three options so far I've seen:
a paraffin (kerosene) powered weed burner/flame gun (popular in UK in
50s/60s)
I've also been looking at a petrol (gasoline) blowlamp
or waste oil burners which work by preheating the oil.
comments, or links?
[1] by which I mean an insulated cylinder with a side fed burner using a
separate fuel supply, not a "traditional" coal or charcoal forge with
separate air supply.
Reply to
bigegg
cover.http://www.workshop-projects.com-> Plans and free books - *Now with forum*
Hi! you might find this book interesting:
've read it and plan on making a forge like the one in the book, but scaled up slightly larger.
-Luke
Reply to
Luke M
I've read it and plan on making a forge like the one in the book, but
Second that Mike's book is a good start, and he's very easy to talk to on the forum :-)
Regards Charles
Reply to
Chilla