alternative fuel sources for forge

I'm toying with the idea of using liquid fuel as the power source on a propane-style[1] forge. (just 'cos I can - no real need for it).

three options so far I've seen: a paraffin (kerosene) powered weed burner/flame gun (popular in UK in

50s/60s) I've also been looking at a petrol (gasoline) blowlamp or waste oil burners which work by preheating the oil.

comments, or links?

[1] by which I mean an insulated cylinder with a side fed burner using a separate fuel supply, not a "traditional" coal or charcoal forge with separate air supply.
Reply to
bigegg

cover.http://www.workshop-projects.com-> Plans and free books - *Now with forum*

Hi! you might find this book interesting:

've read it and plan on making a forge like the one in the book, but scaled up slightly larger.

-Luke

Reply to
Luke M

I've read it and plan on making a forge like the one in the book, but

Second that Mike's book is a good start, and he's very easy to talk to on the forum :-)

Regards Charles

Reply to
Chilla