alternative fuel sources for forge

I'm toying with the idea of using liquid fuel as the power source on a propane-style[1] forge. (just 'cos I can - no real need for it).
three options so far I've seen: a paraffin (kerosene) powered weed burner/flame gun (popular in UK in 50s/60s) I've also been looking at a petrol (gasoline) blowlamp or waste oil burners which work by preheating the oil.
comments, or links?
[1] by which I mean an insulated cylinder with a side fed burner using a separate fuel supply, not a "traditional" coal or charcoal forge with separate air supply.
--
BigEgg
Hack to size. Hammer to fit. Weld to join. Grind to shape. Paint to cover.

Hi! you might find this book interesting: (Amazon.com product link shortened)88768659&sr=8-1 I've read it and plan on making a forge like the one in the book, but scaled up slightly larger.
-Luke
Luke M wrote:

Second that Mike's book is a good start, and he's very easy to talk to on the forum :-)
Regards Charles