A Loss to the craft

copy of an e-mail sent by a friend , The deceased was a fine man who taught me and many others something every time we got together.

Many of you may know that Patrick died on Sunday evening. The obituary is in the Albany Times Union.
I just returned from the wake and it was truly a "Blacksmith's Wake". Pat's son brought in his anvil and hammer and had them resting on a stump beside the coffin. His daughter arranged daisies in the shape of an anvil. Many pictures showed Pat working at Hancock Shaker Museum, Cooperstown Farmer's Museum, Hannaford Mills Museum and his own shop.
Patrick was a zealot for Blacksmithing. He loved to teach and he loved to learn. He will be missed by many.
Jim Moran

Andrew