SYNCHRONOUS Hydraulic copy attachment for a lathe?

I have a lathe in my shop, right now, that has a hydraulic copy attachment.
What is interesting is that the "source" part that is being copied, is
NOT just held statically. It actually rotates, with a shaft driving it synchronously with the lathe chuck.
http://yabe.chudov.com/Boehringer-19x46-Big-3-5-Bore-VDF-Hydraulic-Copy-Lathe-9002/9002-0016.jpg
Therefore, I suspect, this lathe can be used to copy non-concentric objects, like camshafts.
Any comments?
message

http://yabe.chudov.com/Boehringer-19x46-Big-3-5-Bore-VDF-Hydraulic-Copy-Lathe-9002/9002-0016.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Blanchard "He also developed a copying lathe that traced a model to turn gun stocks, producing the desired contour automatically (1818)." http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeromeg111/5344262318/ When I saw it the floor was littered with shavings from a recent run. jsw

Yes, I looked that stuff up, very neat technology!
On Fri, 11 Jan 2013 16:04:22 -0600, Ignoramus31094

I remember watching one of those set up in a science centre many years ago. It was making a metal copy of a "coke" bottle complete with raised lettering.
--

Gerry :-)}
London,Canada

OOOOH!! Lucky guy!! You could do all sorts of interesting things with it! Like turning hex rifle barrels and all kinds of Neet Stuff!!
Gunner

Yes, very fascinating stuff.
Ignoramus31094;2994680 Wrote: > I have a lathe in my shop, right now, that has a hydraulic copy

OOh antique piece, so nice, the things are not available now a days. yes with this Hydraulic copy Attachment for Lathe with roto-master system can perform on camshaft, rotor shaft of pump, wooden frame of shoes and many more. 'Gamut Machine Tools' (http://www.copyturning.net ) , 'Hydraulic broaching machines manufacturer,vertical broaching machines exporter,hydraulic broaching machines trader,distributor,India' (http://www.gamutmachines.com )
Regards Anand Shukla Gamut Machine Tools, INDIA
--
Anand Shukla

On Friday, January 11, 2013 2:04:22 PM UTC-8, Ignoramus31094 wrote:

Yep, late 1700s this kind of thing in France revolutionized furniture making (baroque and rococo legs for furniture were suddenly not prohibitively expensive to hand-produce). I think there were also faceplate-type turning dupllicators, that made easy production of bas-relief medallions/plaques/frames.