Hepworth Hydraulic copy attachment

Has anyone got the beam and centres that mount on the back of a lathe to hold the 'master' for a Hepworth / Colchester hydraulic copy attachment? Basically it's a flat bar about 30 - 40" long with dovetails on the long edges to mount centres.

As you may gather I have the copy attachment but no beam !

Crinkly notes await suitable beam

(This is to go on a 40" Colchester Master 2500 but the beam from other lathes could be adapted).

TIA

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Have got the brackets but not the beam.Think they are from a Colchester Triumph.If you have dimensions I can measure them. Regards,Mark.

Reply to
Mark McGrath

Mark

I have found a beam that is 68mm deep and brackets that are for a beam of about 82mm deep. My plan was to make new gibs for the brackets to take up the slack - but if your brackets are by any chance for the smaller beam I'd like to talk !!

Regards,

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Sorry Andrew,mine are 82mm. regards,Mark.

Reply to
Mark McGrath

Mark,

If the dovetail slide is vertical on your brackets, is the surface for the centre holders horizontal or does it slope downwards a few degrees ????

Mine slope and I cannot work out why - and its a pain as they therefore interfere with the rear splash guard.

. . . life is full of oddities . . .I've even been called one myself

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Andrew,90 degrees. regards,Mark.