chisel making

Hi i want to try and make some cold chisels is there any websites around that go into detail on how to do this Thanks Dale

Dale, that is a basic beginner activity that is covered in just about every beginner level blacksmithing book. Have a look at the following books and sources. This is a "canned" reply I have, so the books may or may not have chisels in them. You will have to look.
Book Sources; 1. Lindsay Publications Inc.; http://www.lindsaybks.com/
2. Norm Larson Books; snipped-for-privacy@mail.impulse.net
3. Centaur Forge Ltd. 117 North Spring Street PO Box 340 Burlington, WI 53105-0340 http://www.centaurforge.com /
4. Bibliofind Internet Book Search; (Amazon.com product link shortened) This should probably be your first place to look because you often can get used books at extremely low prices.
Books; 1. "The Art of Blacksmithing" by; Alex W. Bealer Castle Books This is more of a blacksmithing history book, not a good hands-on book until you are an experienced smith.
2. "The Complete Modern Blacksmith" by: Alexander G. Weygers Ten Speed Press This is an excellent hands-on book that will show you how to make all kinds of good things.
3. "New Edge of the Anvil" or the older version "The Edge of the Anvil" A Resource Book for the Blacksmith by: Jack Andrews Skipjack Press Top of the line beginner's book, and an excellent reference book once you are an experienced smith.
Yours,
Ron
--

Golden Age Forge
http://www.reil1.net/gallery.shtml
Dale wrote:

What detail do you need? I've made a few - one for me and some for friends. I used scrounged old truck coil springs. Cut off a ring, heat in forge, straighten and forge business end, cut to length, harden and temper.
I've used mine for chipping concrete as well as the usual uses. My son-in-law is a mechanic and had broken three Snap-on cold chisels when I gave him one of mine. This was several years ago. He says it's getting to the point where it may soon need its first sharpening.
E-mail me if you need more.
Ted
Go to www.anvilfire.com and have a look in the IForge section, I sure there will be something of use there.
Steve