Fiberfrax and soft firebrick supplier (ABQ or internet)?

this stuff: http://www.woodstoves.co.uk/skamol.htm

I used a lot of that rebuilding my wood stove. I had to replace the top plate (inside) and then re-line the entire box. I didn't have to, but after 16 years the bottom was starting to get thin. Ash shovel...
I got mine at the wood stove store. I would think it would be available to walk-in - on special order. I had to order to match my stove.
Martin
Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH, NRA Life NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder
Charles Spitzer wrote:

-
Howdy! Just three minutes ago i finished casting some "mizzou" "castable refractory".A new floor for my forge and several bricks.This stuff is supposed to be rated at 3000*F.We will see.Im still not convinced the extra trouble is worth any savings,except this stuff is supposed to be very resistant to flux.Anyway,..ill let you know how the bricks turn out,..im secptical that it will cast well as bricks because its so coarse.
People do not know,because people do not do.
I tried fire clay mixed with perlite. It was a bit too crumbly for me and is still susceptible to flux. Probably need a good coat of clay on the exposed surfaces. Thought about mixing in some cement but havn't got around to trying it.
GA

Iv'e just crawled out of the forge!My first fireing with that cast mizzou-brick lining.It seems to hold up well even when heated hot,..but doesn't reflect heat quiet as well as satanite.I havent tried any welding in it yet,..so can't say how it holds up to flux.It seems soild and strong.
People do not know,because people do not do.
Bert wrote:

I've bought from budgetcastingsupply - still have some at hand and good product.
Perhaps the issue on the www.hwr.com - it uses java to point to the various pages. Must have java enabled.
Have you checked the local fireplace, ceramics, etc supply house in town ? or near by ?
Martin
--
Martin Eastburn