Re: Heat Treat Foil

Never heard of nickle foil... K&G has stainless steel foil for heat
treating, I expect it would work fine for welding too...

GA
Any one know of a good source of pure nickel heat treating foil? I just
> got some high carbon cable and I wanted to try making some cable > damascus...

Reply to
Greyangel
mrbonaparte
Thanks, I'll give them a try.
Reply to
jpolaski
Just so you all know, I ended up ordering some nickle-silver sheet and wire from Knife and Gun.
Later on I found a place that had 99% Nickle welding rod, from another place, and I'm going to mash some of that flat and see how well it works for damascus.
Reply to
jpolaski
L6 tool steel works pretty nicely for a silvery line (high nickle).
Steve
snipped-for-privacy@rgs.uci.edu wrote:
Reply to
Steve Smith