"5160" steel update

I hardened a section of that steel i mentioned in a earlier post in water today.No cracks,..till i intentionally smashed it on the anvil.I reckon ill risk quenching a finished blade in water(with lots and lots of normalizeing and prayer) and see how it goes.Thanks to all yall for the help and advice!

Reply to
Hamma Head

Cool post, tell us how it goes. :)

BTW, anything that you run across that's "new to you" about iron is post worthy, IMO.

If someone makes like you're dumb just remind them that at least you ain't as dumb as that friggin Alvin is. :/

Alvin in AZ

Reply to
alvinj