"glue" for insulated fire bricks?

Not only are some of mine broken but it'd be cool to "glue" them together to make a shape that doesn't involve simple stacking.
Got any ideas? :)
Alvin in AZ
Yes Alvin, you can use fire place cement, or a commercial castable refractory.
Regards Charles from Oz
snipped-for-privacy@Example.com wrote:

What this is is like an investment - a white glaze. Often the blocks are edge or corner coated for strength.
Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Endowment Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com /
Chilla wrote:

-
The fire place cement is a high temperature mortar the brand is Fullers.
The castable refractory is Pyrocrete 165 arc from Foseco, which is a monolithic refractory, which means you can build load bearing structures out of it. Pour it today and use it tomorrow... heat shock resistant, meaning the home user has no chance at cracking it.
Regards Charles
Martin H. Eastburn wrote:

I've never seen it - but if you want to try - and live with the smell or the one time burn out - There is very high temp 'glue' that is used in wood stoves to glue on the fiberglass rope to seal the door.
I found it in a hardware store - it was a red thick stuff - like RTV.
Martin Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Endowment Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com /
snipped-for-privacy@Example.com wrote:

-
<snip>

Thanks for the effort Martin but C.A in Oz posted what I wanted to hear. I know "glue" wasn't the best word BTW. ;)
Alvin in AZ
I see you already have your answer, but waterglass (sodium silicate, I think) is often used to cement insulating seals to doors of wood fired stoves. I'm not sure that the castable refractory is a good "glue". Often holes are drilled in firebricks and stainless steel rods are poked through to hold non-gravity supported shapes.
Pete Stanaitis ------------------------
snipped-for-privacy@Example.com wrote:

It can be depending on how you do it ;-)
I was thinking that you'd stack your bricks and trowel on the pyrocrete. It's a good product, if it's good enough to be considered for a weigh bridge, then it's a pretty safe bet that it has a lot of structural integrity as well as the high heat properties.
It could be used as a mortar, but I think the benefit of having a durable hot face material would be lost.
Regards Charles