Modern Marvels - Knives, Axes & Swords

Interesting show last night on the History Channel. Modern Marvels is the show's name and the particular episode is named "Knives, Axes & Swords". I
only got to see the last 1/2 hour but it showed a swordsmith making a Viking sword from iron ore all the way to the finished product. Also showed the steps to making an axe head.
Did a google on it and it looks like they show it about once every six months.
It is available at the online store
http://store.aetv.com/html/product/index.jhtml ;jsessionid=CLVYDY5XHCZD4QOXHD ECBH0B022MOIY4?idC483&browseCategoryId=&location=&parentcatid=&subcatid

Viking
Michael wrote:

Yeah, that's an especially good episode. I think I met the swordsmith at an SCA event on the Left Coast one time, he looked very familiar. I don't have the room to set up a bloomery, and the fuel co$t would be a bear, but I wish I could.