3d printing info

just hit my in basket -- if you are interested in 3d printing these should be of interest. http://tinyurl.com/ossnuxp
http://tinyurl.com/nl523sc http://tinyurl.com/ncgj72f http://tinyurl.com/ohnssw6 http://tinyurl.com/k93pu4j http://tinyurl.com/nz8uvcc http://tinyurl.com/ohxomlz
Enjoy!
--
Unka' George

"Gold is the money of kings,
On Tue, 16 Jun 2015 14:20:55 -0500, F. George McDuffee

My old friend Pete Zelinski! He's a brilliant guy.

I also wrote about this one as an aside in a brief editorial: http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/fabshopmagdirect/february2015/index.php#/3

There also is some work being done with AM for engineering ceramics.

--
Ed Huntress

"F. George McDuffee" wrote in message
just hit my in basket -- if you are interested in 3d printing these should be of interest. http://tinyurl.com/ossnuxp http://tinyurl.com/nl523sc http://tinyurl.com/ncgj72f http://tinyurl.com/ohnssw6 http://tinyurl.com/k93pu4j http://tinyurl.com/nz8uvcc http://tinyurl.com/ohxomlz
Enjoy!
--
Unka' George

"Gold is the money of kings,

In IE8, right-clicking and then Save Target As shows the URL in the filename box.
-jsw

Most of the time IE8 still works fine, otherwise I run FireFox and usually discover that the site is bloated with graphic ads but light on serious content. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_operating_systems
I also have dialup, antennas for TV, a woodstove for heat, a 1968 Maytag for laundry, and a microwave with a windup mechanical timer. This laptop is over 10 years old, though I've stuffed in an SSD, and my shop is a museum of the 1940's through 60's.
-jsw
On Tue, 16 Jun 2015 19:23:49 -0400, "Carl Ijames"

</snip>
I started posting the tiny urls because of complaints about the long URLs.
Time for a survey --
[ ] want full URL [ ] want tiny URL [ ] don't care
--
Unka' George

"Gold is the money of kings,

    one vote for "don't care"

It depends. If longer than about 60 charaters a URL tends to get wrapped, if not originally, then when quoted. Its a PITA to use a wrapped link. Tinyurl avoids that mess, but please use preview.tinyurl.com so the suspicious get to view the full URL before leaving the safety of tinyurl.com.
I would second this.

Remove 333 to reply. Randy
message wrote:

[X] Both, so we can see what we are clicking even it the full URL doesn't work.
-jsw
Jim Wilkins brought next idea :

I would second that. [X] Both. Sometimes a link will half wrap for I don't know what reason then one has to paste it together.
--
John G Sydney.

On Thu, 18 Jun 2015 09:27:15 +1000, John G wrote:

you never know where these tinyurls point, so it is insecure to click on them.

F. George McDuffee wrote:

Whichever way works best. Some urls are LLLOONNGGG and cause issues.
--
Steve W.

On Tue, 16 Jun 2015 19:02:33 -0500, F. George McDuffee

I don't care, but, to me, it depends on who is posting it. I don't follow tiny URLs in places outside of RCM. Here, coming from you, I find them handy and convenient.
I *do* like to know what I'm linking to, and, when I post links, I always try to identify what the link it about. I don't follow links that are just posted as an entire message, without explanation, whether the URL is long or a tiny URL.
--
Ed Huntress

On 6/16/2015 7:02 PM, F. George McDuffee wrote:

David
On 06/16/2015 07:02 PM, F. George McDuffee wrote:

technomaNge

While long URLs can be a problem to handle, they are often where the worst traps lurk. I suppose the rule could be full URL is shorter than some threshold, and both full and tiny URLs if longer.
I find that using < > brackets around URLs helps a lot - most browsers and email clients recognize them as declaring a URL or email address, and refrain from mangling them.
Joe Gwinn