anybody ever heard of a right angle head...

for a cnc toolholder? Since mills can index their heads pretty damn accurately these days, I was wondering if a right angle toolholder could be usefull. Or better yet, one that can be tilted on a specific degree.

technically you could mill around something, indexing the head keeping it perpendicular to the cut? 4 axis cam could do the math. Simply exchange axis names in the post. Possibly reverse the numbers on the index, since the spindle will be indexing vs the 4th axis, or part.

Reply to
vinny

lol. nevermind. How would you get the spin from the spindle to cut and still index. sorry....went brain dead for a minute.

Reply to
vinny

I remember seeing one in a catalog. Did a Google search , here's a couple links.

check out the chainsaw option about halfway down the page.

Mike

Reply to
Mike C

Vinney, How about these:

Best, Steve

Reply to
Garlicdude

over a barrel

ff

I think I understand what you seek. If so, they are available.

Call 800-597-3921 and ask for Chris Kelly. Tell him AutoDrill sent you looking for Aggregate Heads.

Alternately, send me the specs and I'll quote it to you. It is not my normal product, but we can deliver them via a few sources in the US and Europe.

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
V8013-R

** Posted from

**

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

they are a nice quick way to add 4th and 5th axis capabilities to a machine. I have never programmed for one but know several people that have. they told me the life of the angle heads are not very good due to the small bearings required to fit in them and keeping the head small enough to be usefull. the rigidity of them is not good either so light cuts and medium speeds and feeds to keep them running. Some even have the coolant run through them to cool the bearings.

Reply to
Joe Smith