cut off swiss

I need cutoff bits for 316 ss the holder blank size is 1/2 x 1/2 and I would like for the width to be say .030 or maybe .02 wide or so and this will only be used for the material 316 ss at 1/16 diameter and smaller

I have 10,000 max rpm capacity which is kinda on the low end for carbide and so hss would be fine...probably even the better choice...

Any suggestions appreciated.......

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

PM, I use these from Manchester/Widia:

Best, Steve

Reply to
Garlicdude

Steve,

Thx

I'll look into it--I have been modifying brazed tooling up to this point which is kind of a pain in the ass.

Reply to
Uhh Clem

"PrecisionmachinisT" wrote in news:YIadneXO3tLOFW7WnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@scnresearch.com:

This pdf shows metric holders but they have 1/2". Their web site sucks. Also Kyocera, NTK, Mitsubishi, etc all have Swiss cut offs in narrow widths.

Reply to
D Murphy