Earthlike planet

Will be discovered any day now so says john
http://www.sflorg.com/spacenews/sn120908_01.html Tuesday, December 9, 2008 Hubble finds carbon dioxide on an extrasolar planet
Hi-Res Version and Full Caption This is an artist's impression of the Jupiter-size extrasolar planet, HD 189733b, being eclipsed by its parent star. Credit: ESA, NASA, M. Kornmesser (ESA/Hubble) and STScI The NASA/ESA Hubble Space Telescope has discovered carbon dioxide in the atmosphere of a planet orbiting another star. This is an important step along the trail of finding the chemical biotracers of extraterrestrial life, as we know it.
http://www.firstscience.com/home/perspectives/editorials/et-be-my-friend_56828.html 2 Dec 2008
"At this moment, a radio message has just began speeding its way through interstellar space, towards a world that of all the planets we know beyond the Solar System is most like the Earth. It's aimed at Gliese 581c (right, in artist's impression), a near neighbour on the galactic scale, lying only 20 light years away"
Gliese 581c HIP 74995 Zeta 2 Reticuli HD 20807 Alpha Centauri B HD 128621
Sol >> Gliese 581c ~= 20.476 ly Gliese 581c >> Zeta 2 Reticuli ~= 50.294 ly Zeta 2 Reticuli >> Alpha Centauri B ~= 37.295 ly Alpha Centauri B >> Sol ~= 4.3647 ly
On Dec 9, 8:22pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

<snip>
That is fantastic. I love every step we take towards finding other life in the universe.