EMC2 conversion of Bridgeport Series 2 Interact 2

A poster told me on cnczone, that he converted an identical above named mill, to EMC2, in just 12 hours of work. I would figure that it would take me, say, 40 hours. That is approximately a month of part time efforts, waiting for parts etc.

If so, I think that Karl is right, I should not invest too much time and money on getting the old control to work. If a EGA to VGA converter does not work, just forget it.

According to what I learned, I can reuse the servo motors, scales, scale signal converters, transformer and and servo drives and sell off most everything else. Then I will end up with a modern system that could run either EMC2 or Mach3.

If I configure a PC for this, I will probably leave half of the disk available so that I can make it dual boot. This way, I could install Mach3 if I decided to sell this mill. But as a Linux user, I would rather make EMC2 work for me.

What am I missing in the above picture?

Ignoramus2215

Waldo ?

Reply to
Uhh Clem

(...)

You'll need to purchase a supported Servo driver card:
You'll want to print 'throne copies' of the following:
You'll want to test your computer to assure that it can return from an interrupt in plenty of time to service the Realtime Kernal, a number known as RTAI latency.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Winston, thanks. I have EMC2 installed and the PC passes the test. It has a 1 GHZ CPU. I will buy parts only when I pick up the mill on Friday evening.

Ignoramus5280