Excellent company looking for good people

All,
As some of you may know, I put most of my own little business (designing and
building machine
tools and gauges) on the shelf, last winter, and got myself an honest job. I
was tired of beating
my head against a wall for customers I didn't understand and couldn't respect.
I have a
step-daughter starting college in the fall, which is expensive. And the company
my wife worked for
was turning sour, and she was ready to take some time off.
So, I found an uncommonly good company, went to work; and I'm having a ball.
And, the company
is looking for lots of good people. It's a modest size (roughly 40 people)
company, owner operated,
which uses Mazak and Star machines for small medical parts, high-performance
auto parts, and some
electronics stuff. We even ship some of our production to China!
If you're in or near the Philadelphia area (try zip code 19073 on
mapquest.com), or would be
interested in locating here, then you might want to give this some thought. The
company needs:
Skilled, experienced people for Star CNC swiss type machines
(SR-16, SR-20, SV-20, or SV-32).
Skilled, experienced people for Mazak turning, milling and multiplex machines
(10MS, 18MSY, 6200Y Multiplex, VQC-1540, and VariAxis 500)
Careful, competent, detail oriented operators for all of the above -
especially people with the
drive and desire to become more than just operators, in time.
The company offers competitive wages, excellent benefits, and an awesome
work environment. In
all my 35 years in this business, I've seldom been in a shop so well maintained,
well mananged, and
so committed to finding ways for good people to grow, excel, and have fun.
Seriously, this is an
outstanding place to work. I consider myself lucky to be there every single day.
The reason we're looking for people is simple: The company is growing like
mad, and needs to
grow and expand even faster. Lots of overtime, a three shift operation, room to
learn and advance,
and more, make this really, truly, a special kind of place. And it looks to me
like it's just going
to keep getting better.
Take a look at
for more information. If you're
interested, call
610-356-6148 and ask for Randy Lawrence. Tell him I gave you his name. Or, if
you'd like more
details before you call the company, drop me a note. I'll be happy to answer
any questions I can.
KG
__
I'm sick of spam.
The 2 in my address doesn't belong there.
Reply to
Kirk Gordon
Kirk, Tell me it ain't so! I never realized you were that close to the edge. I've been there more than once myself, so I know (and my wife too) what that is like. You are right, some times it does feel good to be able to just go home.
A lot of people think that former company owners like us would be terrible employees. I think we make the best. We are completely aware of what it costs to do business, and bend over while walking across the shop to pick up an insert, even if we have to reach past the quarter lying there.
Best of luck,
Gary H. Lucas
Reply to
Gary H. Lucas
Thanks, Gary; but don't feel sorry for me. I was never really cut out to be a business person in the first place - even though I've been self-employed, one way or another, for more than half of my adult life. I'm a shop rat, through and through, and I like myself that way. When I've chosen to run my own show, it was only because I thought that was the best way to get my hands on some work that I wanted. When somebody else has a better job, or something more fun than what I can find for myself, then I'll wear the company uniform without a second thought.
What matters to me is my work, not who owns the stock in the company. I don't really care whether a product has my name on it, or just my fingerprints, as long as it's work I love doing, and that I know I've done well.
So, when my non-business-oriented brain started having a hard time finding work that I cared about, I went someplace where they already had lots of good work, and I just had to do it. I'm working harder than before, just because there so much more to do. I'm enjoying every minute of it - and I'm as proud and committed as ever.
As far as being "close to the edge", I'm not. I decided not to go there. During Gordon Engineering's 10 year lifetime, I worked as hard as I wanted, on things I really cared about doing, and never let myself get to the point where I was losing money, or sleep, or my sanity. I never failed to finish a project I'd committed to. Never left a bill unpaid. Never even paid a bill late, except when I'd occasionally forget something, or lose it for a few days in my briefcase. But even that was rare. I quit while I was ahead, and I find that I'm still ahead.
I'm doing what I love. I'm doing more of it - getting more real honest work accomplished every single day - than I'd done in over a year. I'm paid well. And I like looking forward to every new workday.
Who could ask for more?
KG
Reply to
Kirk Gordon
be a business person
for more than half of
way. When I've chosen
my hands on some work
than what I can find for
don't really care
work I love doing, and
work that I cared
had to do it. I'm
enjoying every minute of it
During Gordon
really cared about doing,
my sanity. I never
even paid a bill
in my briefcase. But
work accomplished every
forward to every new
I almost want to sell my shop and get a real job.
John
Reply to
John
I was just thinking the same thing. :)
Reply to
Dave Lyon
I had a real nice contract going and then the suckers in congress spent all the money on a crappy town in La. and greatly downsized the project.
John
Reply to
john