Hardinge ST220 Swiss type CNC lathe

We have a Hardinge ST220 Swiss type CNC lathe. The main jobs we run on this machine is made from 11/16" Rd. 304 stainless steel. The parts are
between 2.3" and 1.77" long. We drill .166 diameter 1.58" deep and .250 diameter 1.8" deep. T.I.R. runs from .002 to .008 with .005 being the maximum allowed. The other problems is that we cannot get the chip to break and it wraps around the part, so we have to stop the process and remove them before we transfer the part to the sub spindle. The DOC ranges from .094 to .224 turning at 250 SFM with .002T IPR needed to maintain finish and size requirements. Anyone have any experience with these machines
Stainless steel sucks for chip control-always stringy. I have used a neat little move to get the birdnest to come off the part prior to pick-off: G0 Z-.050 GO4U1.0 , thats a Z retract mve to pull the stock inside the guide bushing and a 1 second dwell to let the flood coolant rinse the chips off essentially stripping the chips off the part. this doesn't always work, but its worth a try.