Looking for a Deep Hole Drill Guy...

I have a project for a water tube that needs to be drilled out to size. I'll gladly send a DWG or PDF drawing to anyone who can bore approximately a 1.600" diameter hole 36" deep (or preferably a 2.240" diameter hole 50" deep).

Any takers?

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

hmmm. Without using a gun drill, and just a plain old CNC HBM, I've done some deep holes, but never 36 deep; about 24" at about 3" diameter. I used a long carbide insert spade drill, at a slow RPM. I believe 95 RPM; feedrate, i forget. But you really had to listen because if an insert broke, you were likely to weld the whole drill into the workpiece. Lots of coolant, and a good ear lead to success.

Reply to
A Moose in Love

Matthews Gauge...no..never mind..I just disconnected their gun drills.

Gunner

Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. Benjamin Disraeli

Reply to
Gunner