Machine Tool Demand Increases

I really don't want to piss you off but this sounds like a business plan that will no longer work. I don't know how to be honest and say
this any other way.
I'm now doing R&D /prototype type of work where as I was doing production. I actually really liked production but the owner refused to do it right. He thought a 1/2 million dollar Matsuura was enough. He has a great machine but he refuses to utilize it properly. Old CADCAM software (Mastercam 9), no verification software to properly run lights out (Vericut). Wasn't willing to do extensive probing.. even though we had the probe and the software. His business is now way off and his private label product line is really struggling from lack of R&D. He's a really nice guy but he just doesn't get it. He does understand why I left. I've tried to stay in contact but going there is really depressing. You can smell death in the air when you walk into his shop.
Sounds like you really need to get out now and think about a better business plan.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA
On Wed, 21 May 2008 17:59:57 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer
[...]
http://members.tripod.com/barn_rubble /
Jon Banquer InDaCulvert, CA
On Wed, 21 May 2008 18:30:50 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer

[ The beautiful thing about working with this 1/2 million dollar horizontal machine with 12 pallets is that I spend very little time running parts and spend the majority of my time on programming, setting up and optimizing the program. ] - Jon Banquer -

How many pallets did that "half million dollar Matsuura" have?
On Wed, 21 May 2008 00:57:40 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer
It was, but the shop kept losing production time trying to tool up your pallet #12.
On Wed, 21 May 2008 00:57:40 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer

How would you have used Vericut to implement lights out manufacturing?
Tom