Machinists Software for Iphones

Looking through the latest issue of Modern Machinist I saw this article on software for machinists for Apple's Iphone:

Price seems very reasonable at $2.99 for the "Apprentice" version and $9.99 for the "Journeyman" version.

Best, Steve

Reply to
Garlicdude

How many machinists have Iphones? Geeze what happened to 3.82XSFP/dia? or chipload/toothXrpm? Oh well, I've got Sprint & Apple does'nt like them. Plus ATT has underestimated the use on I Phones causing a lot of unhappy users due to network congestion. I've heard Apple is working on a deal with Verizon.

Reply to
cncmillgil

I worked at a place where the owner would fire people for just bringing cell phones into the building.

That was a good policy.

I miss that policy. :(

Reply to
Black Dragon

I don't have one. I have a cellphone, one month I put a total of one minute on it, no brain cancer for me.

Best, Steve

Reply to
Garlicdude

cncmillgil wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@e7g2000yqf.googlegroups.com:

You don't need an I-Phone to run it. You can use an IPod Touch. Then you don't need AT&T, Verizon, or Sprint.

Reply to
D Murphy

Not to change the subject but do you recall there being an separate m code for "work support clamp" on those old citizen ( nothing connected to the terminal strip where apparently a 100 vac hyd or air valve could have been be wired in as ans option )

Or ( Yess I could eventually piss around and verify for myself with a meter as a last resort I guess ) do you recall this pinout as being secondary to the M10 ( advance work support ) and the M11 ( retract work support ) whereas at completion of (advance) there is a limit at which point (if connected ) the clamp should activate...

I just want the parts to drop out the end of the tube--problem being when the tube retracts the parts fall out the front because of chips hanging onto the cutoff end kinda hard to splain..

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

"PrecisionmachinisT" wrote in news:dNWdnYv31PlnqwrWnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@scnresearch.com:

Yup. I don't remember the M-code though. It fired a hydraulic solenoid that activated a pair of gripper jaws that were mounted behind the guide bushing. The idea being when you were making a part longer than the stroke of the machine, you stopped the spindle, clamped the jaws, opened the collet, moved the Z-axis, closed the collet, open the jaws, start the spindle, then start turning again.

Or maybe you mean that optional tailstock deal. IIRC that could be fired anywhere, any time.

I know what your saying. Sometimes I used to do a partial cut off to some small diameter, back up in X just a bit to break the chip, drop the R's and then cut off the rest of the way at a lighter feed rate.

You can also play around with using a wire to force the part away from the tool. But if it's just hanging in the chips try pecking the cut off, if the material is really stringy just peck all the way down.

Reply to
D Murphy

Thanks so much Dan.

I have another question but couldn't quite find the words so since it's been a while anyways maybe give a jingle soon instead.

Cheers.

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

"PrecisionmachinisT" wrote in news:ws6dnRgVDfTxbQPWnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@scnresearch.com: