MasterCAM Surfacing Help

Hey --

I am using MCX on a Vertical Milling Centre, making train wheels. There is a round donut shaped pocket that needs to be machined concentrically to the wheel. To do this i have drawn a solid model of the wheel, and used a surface pocket toolpath (because of the 1" rad at the bottom of the pocket.) My problem is the pocket toolpath also trys to helix out the open axle hole, even though i have not selected geometry other than the walls and floor of the pocket. When i try to make a containment boundary on the 2 edges of the pocket to stop this from happening, i get a 'nested boundaries not allowed (or something like that)' message..

help!

lol --- thanks

Reply to
Brad

Close the axle hole with a surface and select it along with the pocket geometry using only the outside of the pocket as a boundary. The surface capping off the hole will keep the tool out of it and the boundary will keep the tool from going outside of the pocket.

Reply to
Black Dragon

thank you very much. This worked right away

Reply to
Brad

WHAT WAS THE NUMBER AGAIN DAMMIT I MUST HAVE MISSED IT--I"M HUNGRY WORKED MY ASS OFF ALL DAY WAS THEIR FUCKLING PIZZA ANY GOOD ???

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT