Help with Surfacing

Hi Guys,
I usually use SW for tool and die design (square blocks with lots of
holes). A customer wants a riser designed for his chopper and I have
tried numerous surfacing techniques to no avail. I have only had the
basic SW training and the sheet-metal training.
If someone would be interested in making a few suggestions as to how I
can model this riser so that the radii are tangent with the top and
bottom surface I would be so grateful....
I have uploaded the files to

Thanks in advance,
CC
Reply to
ttmdesign
can you be more specific about what you are trying to acheive? Maybe a marked up image or scanned hand sketch or a photo of a similar part?
Matt
Reply to
matt
Without knowing more about what is blending to what and why I can only offer workarounds to get it to blend cleaner from the corner revolve, so here's an example of trying to accomplish this...
..
Reply to
Paul Salvador
Thanks Paul.... that was great!
CC Paul Salvador wrote:
Reply to
ttmdesign
CC, I e-mailed you your part after some modifications I made to it. take a look at it and tell me what you think. basically I changed your side loft into two side lofts with tangency relation to the surrounding faces by edge selection + I changed the rounded corner from 150 deg to 133.68 deg in the revolve feature.
cheers, Gil Alsberg
Reply to
Gil Alsberg